Friday, June 19, 2009

Middlesex

Middlesex Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

My review
rating: 1 of 5 stars
I surrender. I don't quite get the appeal of this book. At times I found myself engrossed in the story and five pages would fly by and then the bottom would drop out and the paragraphs would drag. It got to the point where I cringed at the thought of picking up the book. Incest - intermarrying - not my thing.

What I did like about the book (at least what I read of it) was that it was rich in detail and history. Those were the parts that I found fascinating. The author painted a clear picture of memories.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...