Monday, June 8, 2009

New Moon (Second Reading)

New Moon (Twilight, #2) New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

My review rating: 5 of 5 stars
I feel sorry for my kids. The only way they've been able to get my attention this weekend is by shouting, "Mom! Vampire!"

If possible, this book was better than the first. The pain Bella went through when was heartbreaking. I enjoyed that some of the secondary characters, such as Jacob and Alice, played bigger roles in Bella's life.

There was a brief moment of ridiculous when Bella met the Volturi family, but fortunately it didn't last long.

A beautiful book. Absolutely amazing.

**Second Reading: I took a little more time with the second reading. I can see how SM has grown as a writer. I didn't find the Volturi scene quite as ridiculous as the first reading. I enjoyed the relationship between Bella and Jacob more.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...