Sunday, June 3, 2012

Demon From the Dark

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I knew how it would start and end (having just read the last IAD book that ran in the same timeline as this) but I really didn't know the who and how. I eagerly jumped into this book, probably more than the last two, and was rewarded with a great story. There was a definite Me-Tarzan-You-Jane plot, which I loved. Both characters motives were true and remained constant through the story. The eroticism became a little repetitive - in fact I'm pretty sure I read the same scene separated by 100 pages - but the strong story and characters made up for it.

Synopsis: Malkom Slaine: tormented by his sordid past and racked by vampiric hungers, he’s pushed to the brink by the green-eyed beauty under his guard. Carrow Graie: hiding her own sorrows, she lives only for the next party or prank. Until she meets a tortured warrior worth saving. In order for Malkom and Carrow to survive, he must unleash both the demon and vampire inside him. When Malkom becomes the nightmare his own people feared, will he lose the woman he craves body and soul?


Recommended Reading:
Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands
Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle
Sin Undone by Larissa Ione
Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...