Monday, January 21, 2013

An Echo in The Bone (Re-Read)

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First Reading:
It's always hard to review a DG book. She packs so much into each story - the details amaze me! The book was amazing, to say the least. DG took the storyline in a different direction - we followed not only Claire and Jamie's perspectives, but also Brianna and Roger, and William (Jamie's illegitimate son) and John Grey. The book ended with a cliffhanger, but I am far from dissatisfied with the ending. If anything, I'll be counting the days until the next book is released.

Second Reading:
I'm holding to everything I said after the first read. Incredibly detailed. I loved it. It did take me a little longer to get going on this one (two months, anyone?) but once I really gave reading my full attention the pages flew by. A lot of reviews complain about "too much Brianna", but I love her and Roger Mac. The only thing that really caught me off guard was the sudden ending. I had forgotten that last chapter and how one turns the page, expecting MORE and it's just.not.there. And oddly, I didn't feel dissatisfied or unfinished when I realized it was done. (Which I guess I said in the first review as well.) I am so glad I re-read this book. Now I want to find the time to do the entire series again. Motivation for 2013? We shall see...

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...