Monday, March 25, 2013

Generation A

Generation AGeneration A by Douglas Coupland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Queen Carly gave this book to The Captain who gave it to me... and I don't think I would have read this book on my own otherwise. Once I got used to the shifting first person perspectives and figured out who was who, I got into the story... and then it just got weird. I'm not really sure what the point was. If you're into sci-fi dystopian stories without a climax or motive, this might be the book for you.

Synopsis: In the near future bees are extinct — until one autumn when five people are stung in different places around the world. This shared experience unites them in a way they never could have imagined.

Generation A mirrors 1991’s Generation X. It explores new ways of looking at the act of reading and storytelling in a digital world.


Recommended Reading:
Player One by Douglas Coupland
Generation X by Douglas Coupland
Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk
Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland
Point Omega by Don DeLillo

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...